Palo Alto Networks, Inc. serves global governments – across military, civilian, and intelligence sectors - in the following areas:
What We Do
- Next generation cyber security including sandboxing, IDS/IPS, firewall, URL filtering, and anti-malware protections, in ONE platform
- Mitigate threats - detect, analyze and prevent threats across both KNOWN and UNKNOWN threats, including APTs, in ONE platform
- Provide visibility into both cleartext and the ENCRYPTED communications which can hide threat communications – all in ONE platform
- Offer the same cyber security protection in both physical platforms and virtual machines (VMs), enabling rapid deployments to military sites and flexible exercise support
How We Do It Differently
- Inspect all communications (protocol types) to ensure all communications are thoroughly analyzed. We have visibility across over 870 applications;
- Provide application enablement – giving you granular control, not a binary block-or-allow approach;
- Provide the flexibility to tie applications to specific users and specific content;
- Efficiently process your traffic – once across all security functions - in a single pass, thanks to a purpose-built single pass parallel process architecture;
- Offer up to 120 Gbps throughput;
- Seamless integration with some of the best technology providers in the industry to deliver a more holistic security approach.
What Our Government Customers Think
- Government agencies who have used proxy-based firewalls and UTMs are astonished at the security performance of our platforms.
- For one very large military customer, the threat vector was eliminated by 90% just by turning on Palo Alto Networks in their infrastructure.
- One of the largest U.S. civilian agencies reduced their footprint from 80 devices (URL filtering, a/v scanning, load balancing & caching servers) to 8 Palo Alto Networks platforms and immediately found threats they had not caught previously.
- It’s not just about the threats – in these lean fiscal times, our government customers favor our pricing. Not only do they achieve improved protection, they experience tremendous cost savings with our per-appliance pricing.
- Governments love our ease and simplicity – One of the largest agencies in the U.S. government deployed our platforms across 4 gateways in 5 months.
Palo Alto Networks blog dedicated to Government topics of interest.